Introductiob to the Publisher Utilites
The Publisher is a suite of utilities for document preparation
which overlays the TeX program. The central utility, "publisher" should
be run from a X11 enviorment (MIT or OpenWindows) and gives primarily
an editing window and a previewing window and, on demand, Table or Equation
Editor windows. There are templates which define the type of document;
which include departmental letterhead & memo's forms.
The current version of The Publisher is obtainable from an
introductory window created by the program when started.
This is an licensed program: the department owns a one license
which allow 1 person to run the program on any Sun. (There are some
"private" licenses as well -- ask your supervisor)
The following are the user-callable programs of the Publisher
and all have man pages. The appropriate paths are:
/usr/local/bin/... for the programs
/usr/local/man/... for the man pages
- character-by-character manipulation of TeX PK and PL files and Sun
- a program for capturing screen images that is distributed with The
- removes all the intermediate non-essential files from a document
directory created by The Publisher.
- compresses and reorganizes the pub file used by The Publisher.
- make a copy of a Publisher document.
- a vector graphics program distributed with The Publisher.
- list information on Publisher licenses
- electronic publishing system for Sun workstations running SunOS 3.2 or
greater in the SunView environment.
- list or delete locks on Publisher documents
- E-mail a Publisher document or file
- rename and/or move a Publisher document
- A bitmapped graphics program distributed with The Publisher.
- convert a picture (pic) file produced by Pubpaint into a Sun Rasterfile.
- print a Publisher document from the system prompt
- remove a Publisher document